2/22/2018 Park Safety
The quickly approaching warmer weather usually means fun at the park. To ensure that we have a safe and secure time, let us review some general safety tips. Stay Safe!
1. Lock your vehicle doors and don not leave anything of value visible inside. Remove valuables that you don not immediately need before visiting the park, preferably.
2. Listen to your intuition - if something does not seem right, report it to the police.
3. Situational Awareness - Be aware of your surroundings. Distractions such as cellphones and earphones limit your ability to hear and see what is around you, including potential threats.
4. Stay in the open areas of the park whenever possible and stay visible to other park visitors. Wandering alone in isolated areas makes you a prime target for predators.
5. Keep children under close watch and near you at all times.